Zephyrhills, FL
Can't believe it's been 30 days since I last posted! (apologies to those who were waiting with baited breath for my sleep-inducing words).The corona virus on still rages, with over 700,000 known cases and about 36,000 deaths (again, probably much, much higher as there isn't enough testing to know for sure. I'm convinced that there are millions more people who are infected and who even died, who weren't tested and therefore aren't in the count). So far, thank God, Mitch and I are asymptomatic, although we're living as if we and everyone out there is infected and taking every precaution possible (my throat has been a bit scratchy for about 2 weeks, and I'm starting to have some breathing problems, but it's that time of year and I'm 99.9999% certain it's my elm allergies, as was proven last year. Thankfully, I still have the inhalers left, if needed).
At the last post, I had just started physical therapy for the pinched nerve in my shoulder/neck. I'm pleased to say that there is a 95% improvement now. I have graduated from a level 9-10 constant pain to a level 1 mostly, with occasional zero. PT really works! My hip has also gotten to such a point where I can't even lift my left or straighten from a bent position (which makes climbing steps or getting into the car very difficult). The physical therapist has just begun working with me on that so hopefully I will start seeing improvements soon.
On another note, we had been considering moving to a place closer to Tampa so that Mitch's commute could be lessened (it currently takes him about an hour). There were a few places we looked at, but they all had waiting lists (one has a 2 year list!). Well, one of the places just opened up and they had 3 sites available. It's really more of a trailer park with a few spots for RVs squeezed in between the homes. We took a look at the sites and chose the best of all evils and left a deposit. But, quite honestly, I'm extremely unhappy. If nothing else, I enjoy looking at nice scenery out the window (or outside) while I'm working, or when I have leisure time to sit or walk outdoors (it soothes the soul). The only scenery this places offers when I'm sitting outside is facing a rusted shed and other worn down trailers**. Although I feel I would be totally miserable living there, it does cut Mitch's travel time down very significantly, so feel I have to grin and bear it and accept that is one of the trade offs we make in a marriage. Which is more important - the lesser commute or the need to see serene things out the window?
** We couldn't really spend too much time that day because (1) we were with the park manager, and (2) it was raining and we were riding around on her golf cart. So we didn't really have the ability to get out and digest the site.
Mitch is out in the field today (yes, on a Sunday). He said that before he comes home, he will return to the park, go to the site and take photos of what the view will look like from sitting outside and looking out the back windows. I'm praying that when he sees what I think he will see, he will agree that it's too much for me to bear. Then again... trade offs! Whose needs are more important - his to have a shorter commute or mine to have a pretty view? That is the question. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.