Zephyrhills, FL
Regarding the truck: finally got it back 2 days ago (Wednesday) after 2.5 weeks. It needed a new IPR valve. Not going to go into the technicalities as I have no clue, but it cost $2K to get it fixed. Has something to do with the high pressure fuel pump which needs to be replaced at some point (about $6K). Too frustrated to continue this conversation right now.On the Mitch job front: the company he's been doing gigs here and there for said (in writing): you are greatly in our 2020 planning. He's working today for them and probably Monday. We shall see how this goes, as they've been very unreliable so far; gigs have been few and far between.
In the meantime, he had a very promising in-person interview yesterday (which is generally the 2nd step after a successful telephone interview). It went very well and the interviewer said he was being recommended to the hiring manager. We hope to have an answer in a few days. That would be a great opportunity, although it could be 12 hour days, 6-7 days a week.
Lastly, newest challenge: we have mice! Two days ago I saw all the signs (like a gnawed bag of flour and droppings in every drawer, cabinet and oven, and on almost all the counters). Other than spending Sunday going around and under the rig to find all the possible points of entry and closing them up, need to buy some traps for inside. At least I know I'm not going crazy when I thought I heard noises in the middle of the night.
Never a dull moment!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.