Virginia Beach, VA
How we spent the last day of the year... Mitch spent the first part of the day under the trailer again, still putting the finishing touches on the underpinning. But then it started to rain, so he decided to tackle the toilet (again not holding water, so he had to take it apart). He didn't put it back quite right which resulted in a small flood. Fortunately, he caught it in time before it got much worse; it was only a puddle behind the bowl. He just ran out to Home Depot for more supplies for the trailer. He also spent a great deal of time on the Employ Florida website, signing up with their job postings site, taking numerous tests and applying for jobs.As for me, I put feelers out to all my RV peers in the 3 Facebook groups I belong to, asking for recommendations of places to stay in FL, under $600/month (I know - big ha ha, especially during the winter when all the snowbirds are down there). One criteria is that it also needs to be within 15 miles of a shul, preferably Chabad. So I have spent pretty much the entire day doing my due diligence. I am now getting pretty disillusioned and don't believe we're meant to be in Florida. I just wish I knew where we were meant to be!
Meanwhile, we still need to be out of here in 3 days. Good chance the water pump will be replaced on Wednesday, but I think we'll still go down the road for a few days or a week or even 2. There is way too much pressure to figure out where we're going next over 2 days. Although, it would really be awesome to just hit the road and go without any sense of direction - just take the highway and see where it leads us. But alas, I'm not that brave. I need a plan.
So our plans for New Year's Eve is pretty much the same as always. We'll do Chinese takeout, and either watch tv or movies, or play Scrabble (which we planned to do for the past 3 years and didn't!) and hope that we can stay up to watch the ball drop, or at least stay up past 10:00! Tomorrow - more of the same: working outside for Mitch and more research for me.
Happy New Year everyone! I pray 2019 is far better than 2018! I think 2018 pretty much sucked big time, except for our lovely vacation in November.
I don't think 2018 was the best year for anyone, at least, anyone that I know. I, too, believe in Divine Providence, so I keep telling myself that everything that happens today is directing me to the right path. Yeah, sometimes not that easy to wait to see that path revealed, but looking back to the past, I know it will come. Wishing you all the best in the New Year, our prayers and thoughts are with you as you move to the next phase of your "Next Chapter".
ReplyDelete