Augusta, GA
It looks like somewhere along the lines I screwed up the math again, as day 365 should be on June 25th which is still about 2 weeks away. I confess I'm way too lazy to go back all year to find the error so I'll just leave it alone for now and will start fresh on the 26th.In any event, June 5th, 2014 was the day we officially left the driveway in Fanwood, NJ for the very last time and headed towards FL to pick up our new home. There were quite a lot of delays in selling the house (which was supposed to close on June 5th which is why we left that day -- lawyer told us she could take care of everything; we didn't need to be there in person). Long story short (or you can go back to the very beginning of this blog to read all about it), the house closed on June 23rd, and the funds cleared the bank so we could make the purchase official on June 25th, which is the day we've decided to call our "RVersary."
Still, it's hard to believe we just completed 4 years on the road and are starting our fifth. I'll try to post reflections on the real date.
Otherwise, nothing eventful going on here. We met some fellow RV'ers ("Fox" and Cheryl) who I know from various online groups we both belong to; coincidentally they landed in our campground as they have family in the area. We've also been going to synagogue every week and have made a few friends. In fact, we're invited tonight to Bill & Judy's home for Shabbat dinner. Looking forward to it.
Garden update: 1 have 1 nice pepper growing and 2 more starting. More tomatoes than I can count, but still all green. Zucchini plant didn't fare well at all; it's dead. Got some kind of fungus. I'd like to use the planter to plant some herbs instead (thinking of cilantro, parsley and dill, or maybe chocolate mint instead of parsley). We'll see.
Time moves fast for sure. It was about September of 2014 that I started combing the forums for ideas on full timing and as I recall, that is when I caught a lot of your posts on the subject. Then I read on about how you guys made the transition and bought your rig.
ReplyDeleteNext year is our year to hit the road. So we are knee deep into the fix the house and sell everything phase.