Williamsburg, VA
Considering what a "day in the life" is like for me, these 2 things are somewhat interesting...1) my next door neighbor, Nancy, came over this morning asking for my help. She has a sliding patio door and while she was outside and her (tiny, overactive) dog was inside, the dog knocked over the bar that locks the door in place, so that she was unable to open the door more than an inch. She needed something long and flexible, such as a hanger, to slip through the door and push the bar up and out of the way (she also has a back door, but it's locked and the keys were inside). Unfortunately, I only have plastic hangers so that wouldn't work. I searched our basement for something she could use (found nothing), we tried some long branches (not flexible enough), some other odds and ends (not long or flexible). She called the office and they referred her to a mobile RV tech ($$$$, but they would take hours to come out and told her to ask the office to send someone from maintenance). While she was on the phone with them, I was walking around the back of my RV and, lo and behold! - what did I see laying on the ground but a wire hanger!!! I could swear it wasn't there earlier and an invisible angel planted it there. In any event, it took a little effort but it worked and she was able to get inside.
2) I was taking a walk, in a different direction of the campground, and came across this awesome RV (actually a tiny house on wheels):

The man who lives there came outside when he saw me taking the photo. He is quite charming (says everyone stops and does that) and we had a very lovely conversation.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.